- The Learning Centre is a secure site for both Masthead members and the public who are non-members, who would like to attend a Masthead seminar, webinar or complete a Masthead online course.
- Connect is a secure site exclusively available to Masthead members. This site contains information regarding Masthead member benefits as well as compliance tools and templates that can be used in an IFA practice
- The Masthead Financial Advisors Association is a membership body. Independent financial advisors (IFAs) who belong to the Association are called Masthead Members. The key focus of the Association is to provide IFAs with a platform to address regulatory and broader industry concerns and issues and to ultimately influence change to benefit the IFA community.
- The Learning Centre and Connect are two separate platforms and, therefore, the Learning Centre requires its own registration. The information captured on Connect is exclusively used for that platform and not shared with our other systems.
- If you don’t have a Learning Centre profile, please check with the relevant Masthead regional office or contact us before registering a new profile on the Learning Centre. We can then ensure that you’ve been added to our records which will qualify you for member discounts on the Learning Centre.
- If you forgot your password, follow this link and click on ‘I forgot my password’.
- This happens if you used to be a Masthead member but have since resigned. Contact the regional office or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will activate your non-member account.
- If your FSP is already part of Masthead and you are being charged non-member pricing, this may be an error due to the fact that you are not currently linked on our system as an employee of that FSP.
- To be eligible for the member discount, we would have needed to capture your details before you have registered on the Learning Centre. Please contact us and we will update your account details. We may ask you to re-register for the relevant course, webinar or seminar in order to activate your discounts.
- Your payment will be approved once the payment reflects in the Masthead bank account. This means that you will not have access immediately when paying via EFT as it may take a couple of days to reflect, depending on your bank. Look out for an email from Masthead confirming your payment and access to your course.
- For Class of Business, once your payment has been approved, it may take 24 to 48 business hours before you receive your login details from Milpark.
- You can add your VAT number to your invoice by going to My Profile and selecting the Billing Details tab. Once you’ve added your VAT number, you can redownload your invoice under My Learning and it will be updated with your VAT number.
- Yes, you can update the details that will be displayed on your invoice by going to My Profile and selecting the ‘Billing Details’ tab. Here you can update the billing address and VAT number. You can also select the FSP Details tab and add your FSP name. Once these details have been updated, you can redownload your invoice under My Learning and it will be updated with your FSP name and billing details.
- Once logged in, click on Online Learning Dashboard under the Quick Links on the Welcome page. This will open your online learning dashboard where all your active online courses and certificates are hosted.
- You can also navigate to My Learning by clicking on the drop-down next to My Account in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Once you’re on the My Learning page, click on the GO TO COURSE button next to the course for which you have enrolled.
- Your activity has most likely expired. You will need to contact us to find out your options in gaining access to the expired activity.
- Yes, you can download any available PDF documents, notes or articles linked to the learning activity and you can review the course content as many times as you like during the course access period. Content is not available for download for the FICA, POPI, Cybersecurity and Ethics and Corporate Governance Online Courses.
- Your certificate will be available immediately after completing the course. You will find it on the course page on your online learning dashboard.
- You will receive an email with your certificate attached, as soon as you have completed the course or assessment.
- You can download your certificate at any time from your online learning dashboard by clicking on the graduation cap icon next to your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If there was a problem with your Internet connection while working through the course, the system may not register that you have viewed all the course pages. Please contact us for assistance.
Seminars and Webinars
- Once your payment has been approved and your booking is successful, you can log in to the Learning Centre, click on My Learning and scroll to the relevant table. Click on the seminar or webinar name in the column Seminar/Webinar Details to see information on the facilitators, links to download the learning material, a map to the venue (in the case of face-to-face seminars) or links to the webinar and your invoice.
- There may be a short delay after payment has been approved before learning material becomes available. This shouldn’t be longer than 30 minutes. If you still don’t have access, please contact us for assistance.
- Your certificate will be available after the session, once the facilitator has updated your attendance status. This can be found on the My Learning screen, under the History tab.
- Unfortunately, missing 15 minutes or more of a CPD recognised session, makes you ineligible to receive a certificate as we cannot verify your full attendance as per FPI rules and regulations.
- Yes. Depending on the popularity, a webinar will be repeated monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly.
- You can check the Learning Centre for all available webinar dates. Alternatively, you can contact us and we will assist.
- Please contact us or the regional administrator for the relevant webinar or seminar at least 48 hours before the webinar or seminar and we will assist in transferring your registration to a different date with no additional payment required.
- No, the purpose of RE Mock Exams is to help you prepare for your official RE Exam, therefore, they cannot count as CPD. However, the RE 1 and RE 5 Training Webinar and Seminar is worth 7 CPD hours and also assists in getting you ready for the exam. Click here to browse available webinars and seminars.
- Your certificate will be available after the sessions, once the facilitator has updated your attendance status. This can be found on the My Learning screen, under the History tab of the relevant RE Preparation table – either RE Webinars or RE Seminars.
- Please contact us and we will issue an invoice for another 30 days. Once paid, we will provide another 30 days’ access and you will be able to access and review all your previous attempts.
Product Specific Training
- We host Product Specific Training for a number of Product Suppliers. If you would like to complete Product Specific Training for a particular Product Supplier on this platform, please contact them to request access.
- No, Product Specific Training is a separate competency requirement and does not count towards CPD.
Class of Business
- Once your payment has been approved, Milpark will send you login details for their student website via email and SMS where you will access your Class of Business course. You can access their site by going to My Learning and then clicking on the blue Milpark Login button in the Class of Business table.
- No, Class of Business is a separate competency requirement and does not count towards CPD, unless you have completed it before and are doing the course as part of a refresher.
- In order to complete a Class of Business course successfully, you must achieve at least 60% in each of the online tests assigned to a specific course within the time allowed. If you do not achieve 60% in each of the online tests at the third attempt, you will be required to repeat the course.
- If you were unsuccessful in your Milpark Class of Business course you may re-enrol for the course by sending us a request here. An invoice will be issued for the re-enrolment and after payment has been made, you will receive access to repeat the course. Please note that you are not required to repeat the entire course, but rather only the modules you were unsuccessful in.
- Your Class of Business enrolment will be confirmed by Milpark within 24 to 48 business hours after payment reflects in the Masthead account. Milpark will notify you of your enrolment and send you your login details to their student website via SMS and email. If you have not received your login details after this time, please let us know by sending us a message here.
- If you have registered for the incorrect course, sending us a message here and let us know which course you meant to register for. Please note that Milpark’s policy is that a refund will not be provided if the Class of Business course has been accessed, therefore, please do not access any course on the Milpark student website if you intend to cancel an enrolment.
- Milpark will issue a digital certificate on completion of your Class of Business course. This certificate will be available on the Milpark student site 24 hours after you complete the course, under the My Resources dropdown. If your certificate does not appear here, please contact Milpark student support by emailing email@example.com. Their support team will be able to assist you further.
- For Milpark login details or access to the Milpark student site, email Milpark firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086 999 0001.
- For Class of Business course content or course administration, email Milpark at email@example.com.
- For payments, accounts, or to enrol to repeat a Class of Business course, email Masthead Learning Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you’ve paid for the Online CPD Package, you can sign up for any of our online learning activities. Click here to explore available online learning. Choose the learning activity you would like to do, click MORE INFO to read more and to REGISTER. You will be directed to a payment screen reflecting a cost of R0.00. Click CONFIRM. You are now enrolled in the online learning activity and can go to My Learning and click on GO TO COURSE to start learning.
- No, it is the responsibility of the learner to keep track of their CPD hours and claim it from the relevant professional body.
- If you see CPD hours listed on the course, webinar or seminar block or information page, you can rest assured that the course has been approved for CPD.
- If the content is applicable to your relevant professional body, then you can claim CPD, as it only needs to be approved by one professional body. All our seminars, webinars and online learning activities are verifiable which means they adhere to the requirements for FSCA CPD.
- If you added a new record in the Competence Register, you need to ensure that CPD is verifiable and that the field ‘Is this verifiable CPD?’ is set to ‘yes’.
- If you completed a course, webinar or seminar via the Masthead website, please contact us and we will investigate.
- The CPD trackers track hours earned for a specific time period – 1 June to 31 May. This means that if you have outstanding hours, it will be tracked in the current CPD cycle tracker and you will need to add the hours of the two trackers together to see if the total equals the number of FSCA CPD hours required. Once you have earned your outstanding hours you can continue to earn hours for the new CPD cycle.
- All Class of Business, Product Specific Training, online learning, webinars and seminars (CPD) completed via the Masthead Learning Centre will automatically be updated in your Competence Register within 7 days of completion. If you complete any Product Specific Training, Class of Business or CPD at external training institutions, you will need to update the Competence Register within 15 days of completion. You can update Regulatory Exams and Qualifications as and when necessary.
- All learning activities completed via the Masthead Learning Centre are automatically added to the Competence Register and cannot be edited or deleted. Therefore, you would need to delete the entry you added manually.
- Once you’ve successfully registered for an online learning activity, webinar or seminar, you have immediate access to the learning material; we will, therefore, not be able to provide a refund. For online learning, we will rather suspend your access until a further date of your choice. Please contact us if you would like to suspend an enrolment. For seminars or webinars, please contact us or the relevant regional office if you would like to transfer your registration to a session on a different date.
- Once you’ve successfully been enrolled for a Class of Business course, Milpark will notify and send your login details to the Milpark student site via SMS and email. You will then have immediate access to Milpark’s learning material. Milpark’s policy is that a refund will not be provided if the Class of Business course has been accessed. Therefore, please ensure that you do not access the course on the Milpark student site if you intend to cancel your enrolment. Please contact us if you would like to suspend an enrolment.
- Yes, please. Our webinars and seminars have limited capacity to ensure high-quality presentations. Please contact us or the relevant regional office if you would like us to cancel or transfer your registration to a different date.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.