This document illustrates the Privacy Statement for Masthead (Pty) Ltd, as found on the Masthead Learning Centre website, https://portal.masthead.co.za
In this privacy statement, the words below have the following meanings assigned to them:
- "aggregate information" is the collective, consolidated information of users of the website that is pooled together and where users are only identified as part of the pool in general terms and are not identified individually.
- "data subject" is a person to whom Personal Information relates.
- "personal information" as defined in the POPI Act, and in relation to the Data Subject.
- "process information" means the automated or manual activity of collecting, recording, organising, storing, updating, distributing and removing or deleting personal information.
- "we", "us", "our" and "Masthead" means Masthead (Pty) Ltd.
- "website" means the internet site with “Masthead” in the address.
- "you" and "your" means the user of the website.
2. We care about your Personal Information
We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your Personal Information and keeping it confidential. The objective of this Privacy Statement is to set out how we collect, use, share, otherwise process, and protect your Personal Information, in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI Act”). We acknowledge our responsibilities in relation to the integrity, confidentiality and protection of your Personal Information and have taken reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent unlawful access to, loss, damage, or unauthorised destruction thereof. We will process your information for different purposes, such as to personalise your experience and to communicate with you about our services and offerings.
3. Our responsibilities
We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you, or provide solutions to you. We will not share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if it is not required to assist you with your solutions, or unless it is required by law. We will ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, updated and not misleading by obtaining your Personal Information directly from you. It is important to note that if you include the Personal Information of other Data Subjects when engaging with us, we will also process their Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. When you give us Personal Information about other Data Subjects, you confirm that you have received their permission to share their Personal Information with us for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or any other related purposes. We will ensure that any contracted third party with whom we share your Personal Information, agrees to keep your information confidential and appropriately secured. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. The only information about users we will ever disclose to third parties is aggregate information as defined above.
4. Your consent
Should you wish to engage with us, or make use of our services or offerings, we do require your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement. By visiting the website and receiving electronic information or communication by electronic means, you consent to the website’s agreements, notices and disclosures. When you engage with us through our website, you consent to the processing of your information for the purposes set out below:
- To administer and manage systems, websites and mobile applications.
- To contract with you and manage our ongoing relationship with you.
- To make sure that our records are accurate and up to date.
- To enable Masthead and contracted third-party providers to provide you with our services or to communicate with you about these.
- To enable Masthead or a representative approved by Masthead to advise you of, or offer to you, any enhanced services, or new services that become available from time to time and which you may become entitled to or qualify for.
- To respond to your queries.
- To analyse, assess and improve our business and services.
5. Your rights
We respect your right to object to, or withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to process your Personal Information, or if any of your Personal Information is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete, please notify us. You can ask us about the Personal Information that we have about you. If you wish to request this information, a specific application must be completed. For any of the above queries, you can contact us on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to resolve any questions or concerns you may have, you can approach the Information Regulator.Date of last amendment: 01 July 2021